Enter my Star Citizen screenshot contest for your chance at some great digital prizes!
THE CONTEST IS OVER… and here are the results
November’s screenshot contest “Close-up” closed with big batch of incredible entries from the Star Citizen community! Check out the top three prize winners and the honorable mention below along with some comments from the judges. You can also see ALL the entries further down the page. I’ll be running another Star Citizen screenshot in JANUARY (we’re taking a break in December)… so check my site or follow me on Twitter for updates!
“Crypto” by MAXPER
“Mining my Sentence” by SpaceGamerUK
“Cold but it’s ok” by Caliber1000
“Bio-Hazard” by sanji_sama
CONGRATULATIONS to the winners!! I’ll be contacting them shortly. And thanks to all who participated as well as my fellow judges on this contest; BoredGamer and Aleksandr ‘Narayan’ Belov.
Make sure you look through ALL the submissions below:
October’s Star Citizen screenshot contest just wrapped up and we’re launching right into November’s! The last contest received a huge batch of fantastic entries showcasing the “Big & Small” theme in a variety of creative ways. Congratulations again to ninjedy, RedSolstice, and GameVogue for taking home the prizes furnished by Cloud Imperium Games and to KungLi for the Honorable Mention. If you want to see the results from October’s contest, go here. This month’s contest will work the exact same way… except with new prizes, a new theme (“Close-up“), and new guest judges.
Do you have a question or are you having issues participating? Click here to CONTACT US so we can help.
One Origin 315P Explorer Standalone Ship
- Star Citizen in-game vehicle
- Six months insurance
- Provided by TEST Squadron
One Anvil C8X Pisces Expedition Standalone Ship
- Star Citizen in-game vehicle
- Lifetime Insurance
- Provided by my Patreons
One RSI Aurora ES Standalone Ship
- Star Citizen in-game vehicle
- Six months insurance
- Provided by MrIbra
- No purchase necessary.
- You must be over the age of 13.
- Entries must be uploaded through this page’s submission form by the “CONTEST ENDS” date and time above.
- A username and valid email address are required during the screenshot submission process.
- Only in-game screenshots from Star Citizen will be accepted.
- Entries must be your own screenshot.
- Screenshots must fit the theme of the week, as stated in this post.
- Screenshots may be in any aspect ratio (native or cropped) BUT must have a resolution of AT LEAST 1920px x 1080px at 72 ppi (pixels per inch).
- Screenshots must be in any of the following file formats: JPG, PNG.
- Each person is allowed to enter up to THREE (3) different screenshots (three separate submissions).
- Only ONE (1) screenshot from each participant is eligible to win.
- MINIMAL post-processing effects/edits to tweak the screenshot are allowed (levels, curves, contrast, downsampling, sharpening, DOF, cropping, rotation, color correction, black/white, etc). Working in image editors (like GIMP and Photoshop) and real-time post-processors like ReShade IS ALLOWED. Extensive edits that significantly change the image are NOT allowed; adding ship, removing a person, combining images, and things of that nature are NOT allowed (we play a lot, we know what the game looks like).
- Multiple people may help you achieve your screenshot in-game but only ONE (1) prize will awarded to the SUBMITTER for each winning entry.
- Judges for this current contest are NOT allowed to enter.
- Prize sponsors for this current contest are NOT allowed to enter. This does NOT apply to Patreon supporters.
- Prize winners from the MOST RECENT contest (October 2020) are NOT allowed to enter. Entries that receive “Honorable Mention” are NOT prize winners and are allowed to enter.
- By submitting an image/screenshot to this contest, you give us the right to display & share your image with credit to you, the creator, on this website (https://hasgaha.com) as well as our associated social networking accounts for the use of promoting this and future contests.
- Your entry may be disqualified if it is deemed to not follow these rules.
Do you have a question about the rules? Click here to CONTACT US so we can help.
On the CONTEST ENDS date listed above, submissions will stop and our esteemed judges will start the process of meticulously looking through ALL the entries. Entries will be judged on the following:
- Interpretation & execution of the THEME:
How well does your screenshot capture and/or convey the theme of the contest.
The arrangement of the elements within the photo should be pleasing to the eye. How well did you use the available space within the frame? Does the placement of the elements and position of the camera suit the idea or theme of the image?
Does your image convey the idea or theme in an original and imaginative way? Does the image hint at a deeper story or was it captured in an unconventional way?
Judging will be done privately and on an individual basis by the selected judges. This is NOT done in committee or with discussion among other judges. Judge votes are theirs alone and theirs to be given as they see fit. All votes from the judges will remain anonymous and will never be disclosed to the public. While voting, judges will only see the images and image titles. They will not see usernames attached to entries nor how many votes from other judges an entry might have.
Judging, unless otherwise specified, will occur in multiple rounds. Entries with the lowest votes will be removed and NOT proceed to subsequent rounds. The number of rounds could vary for each contest based on how many entries are received.
Things to consider that won’t hurt your chances, but are NOT required:
- As high a resolution image as you can take. 1920 x 1080 is the bare minimum… go higher if you can.
- The highest image quality (as little compression) as possible. Remember, while JPGs are easy, they are a LOSSY compressed format and are a degraded form of what you saw in game. Lossless PNG is recommended.
- Submitting older screenshots from previous versions of the game IS allowed if they match the theme and meet the requirements. However, the game’s graphics, textures, lighting, shadows, etc are constantly being improved and older screenshots might have a hard time competing with current screenshots.
ESTEEMED JUDGES for this contest:
Photographer / graphical artist / 3D modeller / sassy podcaster Frequently found hosting the podcast Fortnightly Frontier on youtube.com/fortnightlyfrontier, otherwise bustin’ chops on reddit as /u/IceBone and being snarky on twitter as @Darjanator
You can find Darjanator at:
Monk Gaming (aka “Monk”)
Star Citizen’s mystery MVP.
You can find Monk at:
and me, Hasgaha
SPONSORS & THANKS:
TEST Squadron is the largest player org in Star Citizen, nearing 20,000 members! We are always looking for more enthusiastic pilots! Visit our media pages below, we look forward to meeting you soon!
TEST Squadron (“Best Squardon”) has generously donated the Origin 315P for this contest… which, appropriately enough, comes with a default black & yellow paint scheme.
You can find TEST Squadron at:
I’m Ibra, a friendly Star Citizen who enjoys Exploration, Photography, Racing & Shenanigans in the ‘verse! You’ll often find me capturing beautiful imagery, if I’m not organizing racing events (such as the Daymar Rally) with ATMO esports & Bad Token Race Club.
See you around! 🙂
MrIbra has provided the Aurora ES as a prize for this contest which was actually a prize HE had won in my September screenshot contest but insisted it be put back into the prize pool for a later contest.
You can find MrIbra at:
The Anvil C8X Pisces prize for this contest comes from funds I’ve squirreled away from my incredibly generous Patreon supporters. The support from both past and present Patreon supporters, always surprises and amazes me. They help make things like this possible.
Current Patreon patrons:
- Captain Richard
- Daniel Danielsen
- Jeremy Yu
- Jonathan Kleissler
- Lovable BlueFox
- Nathan Chow
- Renegade Shank
If you want to learn more or are interested in supporting me, check out my PATREON page.
If you’re interested in sponsoring a future screenshot contest of mine with funding or prize donations, please complete this CONTACT FORM (and thanks in advance!).
Need help using Star Citizen’s in-game camera controls?
Or do you want other screenshot tips? Check out some of my video tutorials:
Previous Screenshot Contests:
- Hasgaha’s Star Citizen Screenshot Contest: November 2022
- Hasgaha’s Star Citizen Screenshot Contest: September 2022
- Hasgaha’s Star Citizen Screenshot Contest: March 2022
- Hasgaha’s Star Citizen Screenshot Contest: January 2022
- Hasgaha’s Star Citizen Screenshot Contest: November 2021
- Prizes are non-negotiable.
- If a prize as-listed becomes unavailable, a Star Citizen digital gift card will be issued at as close to the original prize value as possible.
- Winners have 14 days to claim digital prizes from the initiation of the gifting process. Unclaimed prizes will be considered forfeit and used in future contests or giveaways.
- This contest is hosted and run by me. It is not an official CIG (Cloud Imperium Games) or RSI (Roberts Space Industries) contest and is not associated with them in anyway.
- All game content and materials are copyright Cloud Imperium Rights LLC and Cloud Imperium Rights Ltd.. Star Citizen®, Squadron 42®, Roberts Space Industries®, and Cloud Imperium® are registered trademarks of Cloud Imperium Rights LLC. All rights reserved.