Enter my Star Citizen screenshot contest for your chance at some great digital prizes!
The creativity of the Star Citizen community never ceases to amaze me. And close to my heart, for obvious reasons, are the in-game screenshotters. I’ve been wanting to host a screenshot contest of my own for a while now with the intention of encouraging screenshotters and giving back to the community that has been so supportive to me over the years.
One Origin 100i with LTI
One $25 Star Citizen Gift Card
One Greycat PTV Buggy
- No purchase necessary.
- You must be over the age of 13.
- Entries must be uploaded through this page’s submission form by the “CONTEST ENDS” date and time above.
- A username and valid email address are required during the screenshot submission process.
- Only in-game screenshots from Star Citizen will be accepted.
- Entries must be your own screenshot.
- Screenshots must fit the theme of the week, as stated in this post.
- Screenshots may be in any aspect ratio (native or cropped) BUT must have a resolution of AT LEAST 1920px x 1080px at 72 ppi (pixels per inch).
- Screenshots must be in any of the following file formats: JPG, PNG.
- Each person is allowed to enter up to THREE (3) different screenshots (three separate submissions).
- Only ONE (1) screenshot from each participant is eligible to win.
- MINIMAL post-processing effects/edits to tweak the screenshot are allowed (levels, curves, contrast, downsampling, sharpening, DOF, cropping, rotation, etc). Working in image editors (like GIMP and Photoshop) and real-time post-processors like ReShade IS ALLOWED. Extensive edits that significantly change the image are NOT allowed (we play a lot, we know what the game looks like).
- Multiple people may help you achieve your screenshot in-game but only ONE (1) prize will awarded to the SUBMITTER for each winning entry.
- Judges for this current contest are NOT allowed to enter.
- Prize sponsors for this current contest are NOT allowed to enter.
- By submitting an image/screenshot to this contest, you give us the right to display & share your image with credit to you, the creator, on this website (https://hasgaha.com) as well as our associated social networking accounts for the use of promoting this and future contests.
- Your entry may be disqualified if it is deemed to not follow these rules.
On the CONTEST ENDS date listed above, submissions will stop and our esteemed judges will start the process of meticulously looking through ALL the entries. Entries will be judged on the following:
- Interpretation & execution of the THEME:
How well does your screenshot capture and/or convey the theme of the contest.
The arrangement of the elements within the photo should be pleasing to the eye. How well did you use the available space within the frame? Does the placement of the elements and position of the camera suit the idea or theme of the image?
Does your image convey the idea or theme in an original and imaginative way? Does the image hint at a deeper story or was it captured in an unconventional way?
Judging will be done privately and on an individual basis by the selected judges. This is NOT done in committee or with discussion among other judges. Judge votes are theirs alone and theirs to be given as they see fit. All votes from the judges will remain anonymous and will never be disclosed to the public. While voting, judges will only see the images and image titles. They will not see usernames attached to entries nor how many votes from other judges an entry might have.
Judging, unless otherwise specified, will occur in multiple rounds. Entries with the lowest votes will be removed and NOT proceed to subsequent rounds. The number of rounds could vary for each contest based on how many entries are received.
Things to consider that won’t hurt your chances, but are NOT required:
- As high a resolution image as you can take. 1920 x 1080 is the bare minimum… go higher if you can.
- The highest image quality (as little compression) as possible. Remember, while JPGs are easy, they are a LOSSY compressed format and are a degraded form of what you saw in game. Lossless PNG is recommended.
- Submitting older screenshots from previous versions of the game IS allowed if they match the theme and meet the requirements. However, the game’s graphics, textures, lighting, shadows, etc are constantly being improved and older screenshots might have a hard time competing with current screenshots.
ESTEEMED JUDGES for this contest:
Producer, host & manager at The Base Radio, audio geek and sound engineer by occupation. In Star Citizen I go out of my way to make unique images, such as time-lapses, long-exposure images and interactive virtual tours. I also contribute my content to the starcitizen.tools wiki.
You can find Rellim at:
Hi! I’m Utho! A hobbyist composer that creates free music for our community to make content with, and long-time supporter of Star Citizen. I’m a lover of all things space! So I’m pumped to be able to participate as a judge this round and look at all the pretty pics you send, so get crackin’!
You can find Utho at:
and me, Hasgaha
SPONSORS & THANKS:
The prizes for this contest come from funds I’ve squirreled away from my incredibly generous Patreon supporters. Their support, from both past and present patrons, always surprises and amazes me. They help make things like this possible.
Current Patreon patrons:
- Captain Richard
- Daniel Danielsen
- Jeremy Yu
- Jonathan Kleissler
- Nathan Chow
- Nathaneal Phillips
- Renegade Shank
- Steve C
If you want to learn more or are interested in supporting me, check out my PATREON page.
If you’re interested in sponsoring a future screenshot contest of mine with funding or prize donations, please complete this CONTACT FORM (and thanks in advance!).
Need help using Star Citizen’s in-game camera controls?
Or do you want other screenshot tips? Check out some of my video tutorials:
- Prizes are non-negotiable.
- If a prize as-listed becomes unavailable, a Star Citizen digital giftcard will be issued at as close to the original prize value as possible.
- This contest is hosted and run by me. It is not an official CIG (Cloud Imperium Games) or RSI (Roberts Space Industries) contest and is not associated with them in anyway.
- All game content and materials are copyright Cloud Imperium Rights LLC and Cloud Imperium Rights Ltd.. Star Citizen®, Squadron 42®, Roberts Space Industries®, and Cloud Imperium® are registered trademarks of Cloud Imperium Rights LLC. All rights reserved.